Did you know that September is Australian Organic Awareness Month?
The campaign aims to spread the important values of certified organic across all industries including food, beverages, skincare, cosmetics, textiles, cleaning products, garden products and even pet food.
The values include:
• Non GMO
• Free to range
• Biodiversity friendly
• Sustainably fished
• Socially responsible
• Pasture fed
and of course grown free from harsh synthetic pesticides, herbicides, antibiotics and added hormones.
Five Benefits of Choosing Certified Organic:
1. Good for the soil – Organic systems rely on a modern and scientific understanding of ecology and soil science, while also depending on traditional methods of crop rotations to ensure fertility and weed and pest control.
2. Good for the environment – Organic systems aim to reduce dependence on non-renewable resources. Organic production aims at all times towards sustainability whilst having best management of the environment and wildlife as a priority.
3. Good for people – Organic based ingredients have been shown in a number of studies to contain more vitamins, nutrients and cancer-fighting antioxidants than non-organic ingredients.
4. No synthetic chemicals – Organic systems prohibit the use of artificial chemicals, pesticides and fertilisers.
5. No GMOs – Certified Organic products are produced without GMOs, which are prohibited in the standards for organic food and farming.
Information obtained from austorganic.com and miessence.com.au
I encourage you to get on board and if you’re not already using organic products then please explore and use this month as an incentive to clean up your diet, skincare program, household cleaning products or gardening products and see if you can make some changes that will become new habits for the rest of your life.